Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Birds and Bonnets Arrive!

My panels from Karla and Beth's Birds & Bonnets Vintage Workshop Swap arrived this weekend and aren't they wonderful! The collage artists who created the panels I received are: Cindy Mayfield, Nancy Burns, Karen Otto and Chris Peden (from left to right in the first photo and from right to left in the second photo.) Karla and Beth did a great job of putting the panels together and offered lots of nice prizes. I was so lucky to get this wonderful tag made by Karla. I've admired the way she puts pleated flourishes made from vintage paper on some of her tags and now I have one with that detail! My photos just don't do justice to the beautiful detail everyone lavished on all of these pieces. (You can click on them for a better view. For some reason, it usually takes me two tries to get the enlarged photo.) I would like to offer a heartfelt thanks to Cindy, Nancy, Karen and Chris for sharing their artwork with me; to Beth and Karla for thinking all of this up and organizing it; and to Amy at The Vintage Workshop for providing us with great images.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

You are most welcome my dear! I'm glad you like it. You actually got one of my favorites, the peach one with all the ladies faces. I liked that one best. Didn't they do a good job of matching them all together. And lucky girl, that tag is so pretty.

c

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

You did get a pretty set of panels! Glad you like them!