Monday, March 24, 2008

Topping it off

The top of the tv cabinet holds some of my favorite books and some pretty finds. I bought the French ivory hand mirror, the mirrored tray and the figurine for my booth when I sold vintage wares, but they stayed with me when the booth closed. The figurine looks a lot like one of the women in the toile wallpaper. The tole bucket and gold vase came from a thrift shop located in a retirement community. A number of things from that thrift shop, some decorative and some useful, have made their way into my craft room--everything from a delicate pincushion shoe to a very sturdy and retro turquoise metal toolbox.

1 comment:

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Welcome to blogworld!! Yes, I am the Karla who used to be at Mission, at Comfort and Joy. My partner, Beth still has a booth there and she has a blog also. You should come by our birdhouse party tomorrow, you'll hopefully get to "meet" a lot of bloggers.

All you do is show a photo of a favorite birdhouse and leave a comment on our party post about it, with your URL.

Hope you enjoy blogworld, I think it is a great place to be!