Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Heartfelt Return

Most images of cherubs and cupids don't appeal to me, but I loved this old one with all its delicate details, from the flower garlands in her hair to her beribboned ballet flats. She became the inspiration for a Valentine's Day gift cone. I used a paper mache cone and painted the inside gold. The outside was covered with a decorative paper (this one was actually a Christmas gift wrap). I had the vintage braid and lacy flowers in my stash. I gilded a small wood ball with Rub 'N Buff to finish the bottom of the cone. I like the way this echoes the shape of the quiver she carries. Some Valentine's edition Lindor truffles would be the perfect way to fill this!

On a personal note, thanks for stopping by. I know it has been ages since I last posted. It was a busy year with two children graduating from high school and starting college and their older brother, who is a college junior, moving into his first apartment. I logged a lot of hours criss-crossing the country in a packed SUV. I'm happy to say everyone has settled in nicely, and I now have more time to create and blog about it. With three times the tuition, I also have much less money to spend, but that's okay since craft store clearance racks and thift stores are some of my favorite places. I hope you'll join me again and invite me to visit you.

Carla

1 comment:

Unknown said...

According to Stanford Medical, It's in fact the ONLY reason women in this country get to live 10 years longer and weigh on average 19 kilos less than we do.

(By the way, it is not related to genetics or some secret exercise and really, EVERYTHING to do with "how" they are eating.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

Tap this link to find out if this little questionnaire can help you release your real weight loss potential